Job Summary and Mission
This position contributes to the success of wizlynx group by performing the following:
- Configure and administer a defined technology/system (e.g., Hardware, Operating Systems, network and middleware) in support of on-going operations and projects.
- Manage incidents and requests for a defined technology environment
- Provide network specific technical expertise for the support of security network system requirements.
- Mainly Tier 2, partly Tier 1 Support Level
- Working with a global team, providing Network-/Security Services on a high level of quality, e.g. Management and Support of
- +70kVPN Users, +20 Remote Access Gateways
- +900 3rd Parties Extranet Connections
- Authentication Gateways and Access Control
Models and acts in accordance with wizlynx group guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Support and be responsible for defined system administration activities on an allocated/defined system or environment
- Actively respond to incidents and requests
- Support and improve system environment and services (sizing).
- Support defined areas of the business, e.g. departments or countries in user and operational requirements, troubleshooting and migration to new versions.
- Write all related documentation / update data in online tools (Changes, Validation docs, systems proposals/recommendation, etc).
- Act and perform according to defined SLAs
- Design configuration and administration in support of on-going projects, moves and changes
- Execute change management activities.
- Interaction with other support teams around the world
Summary of Ideal Experience, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- 1- 2 years IT work experience in Network/Security environments
- Fluent technical English (speech and writing)· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, in local language
- Team oriented
- Flexible attitude, reliable
- Customer friendly approach and appearance
- Willingness to travel
- Problem-solving skills
- Analytical skills
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Networking fundamentals, mainly TCP/IP
- Understanding of LAN and WAN concepts
- Basic understanding in Routing and Switching protocols
- VPN technologies (IPSec and SSL)
- Microsoft OS and Office knowledge
- Wireless technologies and protocols know-how
- Network mapping and technical document writing
Summary of Education
- University degree required
Certifications / Training
- Technical training/certification in the following areas depending on specialty:
- Aruba Networks
- Barracuda Networks (preferably NG firewall and/or Web Application Firewall
- Checkpoint Firewalls
- IT Security related trainings
- Network (incl. Wireless) related trainings
- ITIL Foundation v2 or v3
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Achieve agreed targets in terms of quality, time and cost
- Ensure stable and well performing system environment
- Apply professional competencies to administrate and optimize the assigned system environment
POTENTIAL CAREER DEVELOPMENT
- Training and certification of one or more products managed by wizlynx
- Product and/or Service Champion
- Advancement to higher operational tiers and/or team leader
- Potential assignment of service delivery tasks up to and including full service management